Trindel Insurance Fund is a Joint Powers Authority located in beautiful Weaverville, California. At Trindel Insurance Fund, we focus on our members and their employees. As a Claims Technician on the Workers Compensation Claims team, you can help us realize our mission of providing excellent customer service for the people we serve. The Claims Technician provides administrative support and overall assistance to Claims Examiners to assure the timely payment of benefits and administration of claims in compliance with California state law.
About Your Job
• Provide administrative support and overall assistance to Claims Examiners
• Contact members, employees, medical facilities, or other involved persons to obtain the necessary information to process claims
• Document conversations or information to claim file note pad
• Stay current with diary tasks
• Provide customer service such as giving information to members, injured workers or providing referrals to outside vendors as requested by Examiner
• Process payments
• Organize and work with Examiner using computer to enter, access, search and retrieve data
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) (Preferred)
• Strong understanding of insurance claims principles
• Excellent phone and customer service skills
• Strong computer typing skills and data entry experience
• Attention to detail, ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
• Ability to pass any required licensing exams.
• Must have a working knowledge of current PC software and be familiar with medical terminology
This role is an entry-level opportunity in claims and can be the start of a long-term career. If you are seeking an exciting opportunity with variety and lots of growth potential, this could be the one for you!
PERS retirement and health benefits
Contact: Heather at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-623-2322
Applications and resumes accepted until July 2, 2021